At Hilarity by Default, we would like to ensure that all our visitors and participants have an enjoyable and safe discussion experience. We believe in free discourse and intelligent debate and encourage conversation. We will not ban someone that simply disagrees with another or that has a generally different opinion. That being said, we will delete anything that we find to be unlawful or violent and limit anything which we find to be hurtful and without merit or has malicious intent.
The content of this site is intended for a mature audience. As such, please be considerate of the fact that there may be language, images, and/or jokes that may be considered in bad taste or are intended for mature readers. Expletives are not banned in our forums or content section. Nevertheless, we reserve the right to delete any material which we find in excess or crosses the line.
- Threats of violence
- Insulting, flaming, derogatory, or vulgar comments and/or personal attacks
- Hate speech / discriminatory remarks
- Links to or uploads of any unlawful media (such as sexual images of anyone seemingly under 18 years of age)
- Links to harmful sites (or any that participate in anything considered unlawful such as media piracy)
- Spoilers (newer books, movies, video games) without adequate warning
Furthermore, we ask that for moderation purposes to refrain from posting in any language other than English. While we appreciate our foreign language visitors, at this time we do not have the resources necessary to translate such posts and will therefore delete them.
Lastly, since the Internet is an ever-growing, iterative entity, there may be content or actions that develop that we cannot currently foresee. As such, these rules can change at anytime without warning and we reserve the right to act accordingly in the best interests of ourselves and our readers/participants.
To appeal a decision or report an issue, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.